Sunday, May 10, 2009

Unrelated blog #1

It's Sunday, May 10th and I am officially 3 days or so away from summer. That means no class, no homework, and sleeping in until my body absolutely needs to wake up. I won't lie, I'm excited! The only thing I wish I didn't have to worry about was my source of income for all the fun activities I plan on partaking in this summer. I'm talking about road trips, concerts, shopping, and a number of other exciting opportunities that require MONEY.
There is just one problem - jobs are no where to be found! I've applied to numerous businesses and have only heard bad news. No one is hiring because no one has the money to add to their staff. The economy is in a bad place right now, and unless a miracle presents itself to the global markets, it looks like I'll have to spend my free time picking up miscellaneous projects from my parents and neighbors and ask for some cash in return.
This situation may be disastrous and could dampen any body's spirits, but I've decided to turn my luck around. Instead of getting in on someone else's business, why not start my own? Who knows? Maybe I'll sell lemonade on the corner like the good old days or walk dogs a few times a week for a little spending cash.
Entrepreneurship is one option. The other is to limit my summer spending almost 100%. Depressing, I know. However, there are a lot of fun summer activities that don't require large quantities of money. I'll have to revisit the summers of my past and take away some good ideas. I think I might convince my friends that playing outside would be a better idea than going to a movie. When I receive looks of complete confusion, I'll just explain all the benefits they'll get by running around outside instead of staring at a screen in the dark. I'm hoping the exercise and a great tan will win them over.
We'll see what happens. No matter what I choose to do, I think I'll have an interesting summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment