Thursday, January 29, 2009

ch.4 ex.4m

The writing process can be challenging sometimes, but i try to be somewhere comfortable - not too comfy, or I'll fall asleep. Usually my desk. I never type up a first draft. And I never use pencil, so it's just a pen and some paper.
Hopefully I haven't procrastinated to the point where I have no choice but to work in a loud environment, so I work when my roommate works, and we always have some type of music playing, so we don't get distracted by the other talking to herself.
Since I can remember, I've always used an outline as a prewriting idea catcher. All my ideas are in a logical order, so I don't miss one and am forced to put it somewhere it doesn't belong.
After I finishing the first draft, I'll reread it myself, type it, and then let someone else read it over to make sure I don't sound illiterate.
I usually hope I haven't made too many mistakes for my proof reader to check, but I do take constructive critism. Unfortunately, unless I'm not too attached to a particular idea, it's hard for me to let go of some things.
In the past, I haven't had much experience with work shopping except for asking friends to look for grammatical and spelling mistakes, and of course anything that really sticks out that sounds bad.

4 comments:

  1. Your process is pretty similar to mine, except my roommate almost never works when I do, so its sometimes a challenge not to get in each other's way when it comes to school work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr process is pretty similar to yours too! My problem is that if I'm with my roommate we usually end up talking which is never good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our processes are a little bit different, but I think writing your paper first then typing it is a good idea. That would help me catch a lot of my errors before I start peer revisions. I completely agree with having some music going. Music helps me ignore what other people are doing in my hall.

    ReplyDelete