Sunday, February 1, 2009

Eisner and McCloud

After reading up on Eisner and McCloud's descriptions of comics, I'm utterly floored. I had n0 idea that comics were so complicated. Everything from Eisner's writing about how comics are a legitimate source of reading and all the time and energy that comic writers have to put into them to make sure they are easy to follow was very interesting. Some would say that comics are harder to create than novels. With McCloud's writing, he really went in depth about what a comic actually is. He starts with sequential visual art and ends up with a long, drawn out definition of what a comic really is. I can now say that I'm impressed with comic writers. I definitely stereotyped them as Sunday paper comics and weird super natural handbooks. Now I can see that not all comics are for sci-fi convention participants, and that they are just another form of literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment